The MK2 buffer is offered as a stand alone option to tune AR pattern rifles that are already equipped with the MK2 recoil mitigation system. Allows fine tuning for optimal reliability and ejection pattern on rifles that are over gassed whether suppressed or unsuppressed. NOTE: only to be used as an upgrade to AR pattern rifles already using the MK2 Recoil Mitigation System.
- Lessens felt recoil, without compromising reliability
- Provides a more consistent carrier velocity, which can aid in accuracy, reliability over conventional carbine buffer system
- Increased internal counterweight travel reduces bolt bounce
- Uses a M16A4 rifle spring with more spring coils than M4 carbine, increases consistency and widens operating envelope
- Internal spring to reduce noise of counter weight shifting and ensure more consistent weight placement
- Buffer Weight: 4.7oz
MK2 MOD 1 buffer series is to ONLY be used on the AR15 receiver platform and it ONLY works in conjunction with the BCM MK2 Receiver Extension (BCM part #BCM-MK2-RE) and the Mil-Spec Rifle M16 Action Spring (BCM part # SPRING-RIFLE-M16-ACTION). To use any other component, not specifically developed to function with the MK2 MOD1 Intermediate Buffer can cause damage to the weapon and possibly injure the operator.